Cookies on this site
We can collect information about the site user’s device with cookies and other similar techniques. A cookie is a small text file, which the browser stores on the user’s device. The cookies contain a unique, anonymous tag that allows us to identify and calculate the number of browsers visiting our site.
The cookies do not move themselves in the web but are placed on the user’s device only when the user visits a website. Only the server that has sent the cookie can later read and use the cookie. Cookies or other similar techniques do not damage the user’s device or files, and the cookies cannot be used to run programs or distribute malware.
We collect information about how and when our site is used with cookies and other similar techniques: from example, from which page the user has moved to the site, when and what of our website the user has been browsing, what browser the user is using, what is the resolution of the user’s screen, the operating system of the device as well as the IP-address.
In our services, we use Google Analytics, among other systems, to measure the use of our site. The data (such as IP addresses) stored on cookies used by Google tools will be forwarded for further storage on Google’s servers around the world. As a result of this, the collected data may be processed on servers outside the user’s country of residence. With the data, Google evaluates the user’s way of browsing the page contents and draws up reports on the use of the site. In addition, Google composes reports on the services provided on the sites and produces statistics on the use or the Internet. Google may also customise the content of the ads based on the previous browsing history. If the law requires, Google can forward the information to third parties. The information may also be passed on to a third party, if they process the data on behalf of Google. Google does no associate the user’s IP address with any other information stored by Google.
In case Google Analytics is used.
Third-party cookies and community plugins
The so-called first-party cookies are set by the website shown on the address bar. In addition to these, our services use the so-called third party cookies, such as cookies of ad networks, tracking and measurement service providers, advertising technology providers and social media services.
Our site uses the following third-party cookies, for example:
- Cookie used by Improve Media’s ad network or their partners, which are listed on Improve Media’s website.
- [Add here the other partners whose cookies you use]
Our services may also include links to sites other than mentioned above. We cannot answer for the privacy policies or contents of outside parties. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the privacy policies of each site.
In case Facebook or other community plugins are used.
- Ad cookies: These cookies are used to analyze the use of the website, to calculate the number of visitors, to measure the amount of ad views, reach and conversion and to target the advertising. Additionally, we may create various target groups of the site users with the help of our partners. The target groups consist of information about a set of people who are estimated to behave similarly or have similar features, like interests, age, intents or geographic location. The target group information can be combined with a numeric identifier, such as a cookie or a mobile tag, but we cannot identify the user personally. The target groups may be shared with third parties who want to provide the user with advertising that is likely to be of interest to the user. These third parties may combine our target group information to their own data in order to buy advertising space precisely from the sites where the users interested in the advertiser’s products or services visit.
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the use of the services, for example, to log in.
- Cookies that improve the user convenience: These cookies are used for internal purposes so we can provide our users with a better user experience of the site.
- The information we collect with these cookies tells us how the sites are used.
- Function Cookies: These cookies help us remember the user preferences, such as the username, language or region. We can also use function cookies to provide other services, such as enabling the user to watch videos on our site.
- Social Media Cookies: Social media cookies are used to identify the user in social media services so that, for example, the user can share an article with the press of a button. These cookies can also be used to target advertising.
Mention the ones that are used.
Opportunities to affect
- Private browsing of the site: With private browsing (“Private Browsing”, “Incognito” or “InPrivate”) the user can browse the sites without storing the information on the pages the user has visited.
- Creating a new cookie profile: By clearing out the cookies from the browser regularly, the user changes the unique identifier, and thus the profile associated with the previous tag is reset.
- Preventing targeted advertising: You may refuse targeted advertising through the choices listed on Improve Media’s website.
- Social Media Cookies: Social media service providers collect information about our services using cookies, plugins and buttons. The purpose of the data collection by social media providers, the ways in which the data is used and the rights associated to data collection as we, as well as information about changing the privacy protection settings are expressed in the privacy policies of each social media service.
In case Google Analytics or other social media plug ins are used.
Cookies validity period
We use session-specific cookies, which expire when the user closes the web browser. In addition, we use permanent cookies, which remain on the user’s device for a certain period of time or until the user removes them. Typically, the validity of permanent cookies varies from a few months to a few years.